market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Albrecht mineral balance and other soils stuff

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Allan.Balliett" <allan.balliett AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Albrecht mineral balance and other soils stuff
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 06:36:54 -0400

I have checked soilmineral.com and I have read the Albrecht paper. I
think it really make sense. However, there does not seems to be much
endorsement for Albrecht's work to be found anywhere.

Other than soilmineral.com (which is really just full of anecdotes and
cite very few references), can anybody point me to credible documents
that expand on Albrecht mineral balance theory? Critic of Albrecht's
work would also be welcome.

Etienne:

There is at least a hundred pages of detailed info on the Albrecht method at the www.soilminerals.com website, plenty of references, and a whole book that tells exactly how to apply Albrecht's methods.
Check out the section on cation exchange here: <http://www.soilminerals.com/Cation_Exchange_Simplified.htm>http://www.soilminerals.com/Cation_Exchange_Simplified.htm or the similar article by Astera that appeared in a recent ACRES USA magazine.

That is pure Albrecht.

Or read the first chapter of The Ideal Soil Handbook which is provided free at: <http://www.soilminerals.com/TIS_Ch1.htm>http://www.soilminerals.com/TIS_Ch1.htm

Or read about the functions of Copper, Zinc, Manganese, Iron, and Boron: <http://www.soilminerals.com/information.htm>http://www.soilminerals.com/information.htm

Everyone, even those with no interest in Albrecht or biological farming, should take a look at how these minerals, which are in short supply in most ag soils, work in plants.

Also, for some broader 'what for' reading, you can check out the Albrecht titles in the soil and health library. You can read Albrechts' book "Soil Fertility and Animal Health " there. Talk about animal testing your theories! The book is free on-line at http://www.soilandhealth.org/01aglibrary/01aglibwelcome.html or you can buy a better copy from ACRES USA at www.acresusa.com

Was it stated before? The ACRES USA Eco-Ag philosophy is driven, basically, by Albrechts research into soils and their remediation through mineral balancing (among other things).

-Allan Balliett
www.freshandlocalcsa.com
(in WV)