market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] to wash or not to wash greens

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Diane Kann <dianek59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] to wash or not to wash greens
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 20:57:48 -0400

We do not wash but we do label "contents not pre-washed" so that the customer knows we have not washed.  Produce lasts longer if not washed and yes, it is very difficult to get dry.  Our produce is hydroponic (no contact with dirt, etc) and organic (we use minimal spraying and then only mild substances such as hydrogen dioxide) so that might make a difference.

Diane K
Heart of Christmas Farms, LLC
http://hocfarms.com