market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] chickens

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Casey & Teena" <cm62547 AT windstream.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] chickens
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:29:46 -0500

If you were to take this to a small claims type of court, the judge would award you replacement cost for the bird.  In other words what would it cost you to go down the road and purchase a laying hen.  No way are you going to get lost earnings from the eggs, this is not a human being we are talking about, if the dog grabs your spouse, then you get his/her lost earnings and lost companionship, pain and anguish.  But ask for that in a court over a chicken and the judge is going to send you packing. Being extremely generous $10 bucks a bird.