market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] chickens

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer AT outlands.ca>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] chickens
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:14:15 -0400

KAKerby AT aol.com wrote:
If you're feeling generous, or if this needs to stand up under a certain amount of arbitration scrutiny, you'd want to subtract out the price you originally paid for the bird, the cost of feed during that entire 36 month cycle, and the earnings you've already had. Or you could go with the lost productivity and let the balance be "emotional wear and tear".

But then, she would also need to take the loss of productivity from surviving layers into account. Following the stress of an attack, they will probably drop the production a little in the short term.

He's darn fortunate you're not gunning for his dog, to be perfectly honest.

I am not advocating that, but where I come from, the consensus in the community is that a dog that attack livestock have to go.