market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] bird netting

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bobbett <bobbett AT windstream.net>
  • To: homesteadinglifestyle AT yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] bird netting
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 02:22:33 -0400

Thank you all for all the helpful suggestions and links. After almost 3 1/2 hrs of addt'l web searching last night, I was finally able to find something that would do. Not exactly what I was looking for, but it'll work.

Previously I had sourced 28x28 netting as well as a place that had 28x45! BUT, that still entailed sewing it together and wasting extra netting. Well, I found a place that has 30' wide by 100'. So, I can use 75' of it and then have another 30x25' pc leftover (after I cut it) to use in a different area of my garden. I won't need to sew *anything* together :-)

I also found a place that sells it 14' wide by ANY length I want. And the price is terrific (2.2 cents/sq ft!) So I will be probably ordering at least six 40 or 50' lengths from them, too for other projects that don't need the super-wide stuff.

--
Bobbett, KY zone 6
http://www.localharvest.org/farms/M19189