market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Mechanical transplanters; was onion plants again

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mechanical transplanters; was onion plants again
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:02:54 EST

We have painted a product on our wheels called Slip Plate.  It is a product that helps somewhat with the sticking of mud on the wheels.  We use 6", 12',18", 24" and 36".  They are adjustable to what ever width spacing you want to use.  With 6" wheel you do need a Hydro or a creeper gear.  We use that wheel most of the time. We use plastic 36" wide and put on three rows product on each strip, this saves a lot of space in our gardens, also a lot more cost effective.

Phil