market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Two-handed picking...cherry tomatoes etc.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bill Scheffler <pureprairie AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Two-handed picking...cherry tomatoes etc.
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 07:26:40 -0600

Cool, thanks Brian.

I found the Juliets but not the Chelsea's.  Maybe I will call them
or check Seed Savers.

Last year my Sungolds were belt and chest high.  I love the stool
idea but maybe I can work standing up with a sling around my
neck to hold the box.

I know apple pickers have have a shoulder sling bag but I've not seen
it yet.

Thanks for the info on non-cracking varieties.  Split fruit can also be
a copper deficiency but varieties do make a difference.  Thanks for
the heads up and I'll try some.

Bill
Chicago, z5