market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] ecoli

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bill Scheffler <pureprairie AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] ecoli
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 19:59:37 -0600

And how about predatory microbes?

My understanding is there are microbes in the soil waiting
to EAT the e coli for breakfast, lunch and dinner so my
sense with those studies is that those soils were STERILE.

Elaine Ingham has photos of fungi with a lasso around nematodes
and getting ready to eat it and I guarantee this going on all
over the place.  As Ryan said, duking it out.  Don't earthworms
eat bacteria?

Those single factor studies are maddening.  Keeping diverse microbial
populations up is crucial for plant health.

Bill
Chicago area, z5