market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] pump for heated bench

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John Ferree <john AT seldomseenfarm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] pump for heated bench
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:01:46 -0500

Thanks for the pump info Bob. . . I'll dig around and see if we can refit this season or next.

Beth,
I settled on a new, small 2 element electric unit.  It works, and is expandable if I ever find the time to expand it.  I like the idea of using a small, on demand unit though.  Greenhouse space is precious, why take up unnecessary room with an upright tanked heater?  So long as you are very sure air has been eliminated from the system, i don't see any problems.  You might have to match the pump's flow rating to the heating capacity of the unit?

john

--
Seldom Seen Farm
Danville, IN