market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bio-Telos

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bio-Telos
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:01:17 -0500

On Feb 16, 2010, at 5:56 PM, <clearviewfarm wrote:

If only it was NOFA-NY/OMRI approved!

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522

<What are your opinions to using biotel?
It is supposed to be made from non GMO corn.
Thank you.
Sue
Vermont>

There may be a good reason why it's not approved. I don't know whether there is a problem with this particular material: but in the past some such materials have turned out to have no evidence either that they break down entirely, or that no hazardous materials will be among the trace residue. I think NOFA may have refused to approve this so far because they've been unable to get the information necessary to decide this.