market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] hoophouses and snow

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "BarbaraJ" <jbmckillip AT mesanetworks.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] hoophouses and snow
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 09:41:30 -0700

Leigh,
I am also so sorry! I can really feel your pain. I have only ONE house and nearly cried when I lost the cover in a high wind storm. We've not had heavy snows...yet, but we do get heavy wet snow come spring here. I'd also like to know who you purchased your tunnel through as well as how far apart the hoops were. I thought the recommendation was for 4' between hoops for heavy snow loads, but it doesn't sound like your part of the country gets that sort of snow usually. What a wild winter for sure. Can you get compensated via your insurance company? I cannot imagine the stress.....

Barb
Front Range, Colorado
----- Original Message ----- From: <cjmaness AT juno.com>