market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] kerosene heaters was ice storm

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "frank ventura" <frank.dragonflyfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] kerosene heaters was ice storm
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 22:44:57 -0500

> How do you dewater the cooking oil?

Dewatering of the WVO requires heating the mixture so that the heavier water
falls to the bottom of the barrel. Then you can pump the water free oil
from the top. The water will be at the very bottom.

I believe water does not boil until about 212F.

I spent more time than I care to admit cleaning WVO for an old diesel
vehicle that ended up costing me a lot more than I saved on fuel. It's a
dirty chore...the oil sticks to everything.

-Frank