market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] kerosene heaters was ice storm

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] kerosene heaters was ice storm
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 16:32:44 -0600

Greetings,
We dewater and filter the waste veggie oil from our local fire department fish fry every year. We run our tractor on it, works like a charm, sure smell a lot nicer than diesel, but it can make you hungry.<grin>
Bright Blessings,
Kim, Texas

Willie McKemie wrote:

I have a tank of used, but filtered and de-watered, vegetable oil that might be a suitable replacement for fuel oil. I've run it 50-50 in some diesel tractors and trucks. It is sold for bio-diesel stock and is always somewhat cheaper than diesel. It does make diesel engines smell better. Let my try to dig out the URL for my supplier.....
http://dieselgreenfuels.com/
You might have a similar place near you.