market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bt sweet corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bt sweet corn
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 12:20:33 -0600

How far does pollen travel? Might there be others in your neighborhood who are trying to grow non bt corn that might have their crop contaminated? These are concerns that i would have. I wouldn't want their genes in my body so i would not buy bt corn.

If you believe what these growers are saying here about bt it makes it easier to educate your customers that what you are doing has more conscience to it. They will then feel they are doing the right thing by avoiding bt or genetically modified organisms altogether. Monsanto has millions to spend brainwashing people with advertising that only tells what they want us to hear. If people are going to hear about a better way it will have to be from you and me. If enough of us kindly educate our customers when they are open to hear we can change far more than we (or i) sometimes believe. I hope this didn't sound like i was driving a nail in your cross. I wasn't. Good luck with your decision.

Marty Kraft