market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Empire State Fruit and Vegetable Expo

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: bcluton AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Empire State Fruit and Vegetable Expo
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 23:07:46 -0500

Hi Frank,

I've been.  I don't know how I'd feel about driving five hours but it is a pretty good show.  If there are sessions that fit in with what you're interested in all the better as they are usually well done.  The trade show is the biggest I've ever seen in terms of straight veg. equipment, etc. (Though I haven't been out of the state to attend anything else)  Everything from equipment to seed to chemical to packaging to farm industry reps, etc.  Not sure what you're looking for but there have been all the major seeder companies there in the past.  I've seen a few planters and there are a couple irrigation suppliers. (One of which Belle Terre has a guy named Fran that works with them.  He's an older fellow and a total irrigation guru in my mind)  The veg expo site online may have a list of all participating companies?

Hope this helps.

Brian