market-farming - [Market-farming] USDA Hoophouse in Ohio

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lynn Wiblin" <slwib AT gtcinternet.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] USDA Hoophouse in Ohio
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 23:16:50 -0500

Richard, I am in Washington county Ohio-my local USDA didn't know about the hightunnel project, but I took the advice of an extension person on here(I think) and took them a copy of the nat'l press release. In the last week, my USDA found out lots of info, and still haven't got everything figured out yet.....but they are working on it....as far as sq. ft. allowance, I was told it depended on if I was a beginning farmer, new farmer(7 yrs farming or less) or established farmer-beginning farmers get the most, new farmers are somewhere in the middle and established farmers get less.....

that is what they know this week-next week they might find out something different-just have to be patient and see how it pans out-so hang in there!:)

Lynn Wiblin
Legacy Grace Farm
Belpre, Ohio

  • [Market-farming] USDA Hoophouse in Ohio, Lynn Wiblin, 01/24/2010