market-farming - [Market-farming] Planting Onion Sets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Thomas Patrick Hurtgen <hurtgenmeadows AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Planting Onion Sets
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 17:28:20 -0500

Any thoughts on planting onion sets in January? Our weather here in zone 7 (central NC) has been very rainy for the last 6-8 weeks -- thus three pounds of onion sets never got planted. Does anyone have experience with planting onion sets in January? We will normally get 5-7 days of 45 to 55 degree days. Will the sets hold in cool storage for planting about the same time as peas are planted? Many thanks for any advise that may be offered. Tom