market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] CSA veg quantities and searching listserv

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Paul Ewing <paul AT shiningmoonfarm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] CSA veg quantities and searching listserv
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:16:40 -0600

Hello Chris,

> Hello,

> 1) I'm wondering first how do I search the archive listserve. I see a list
> of old post but I would like to search through them using key words. Is this
> possible? so of my questions my be answered.

I am just getting back into market gardening after 20 years or so away
so I am doing a lot of info gathering. The best way that I have found
to search the archives of this list is to use Google Advanced search
at http://www.google.com/advanced_search

At the bottom of the where it says "Search within a site or domain"
put https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/market-farming and fill in any
other search parameters that you would like to use. The ability to use
negative keywords to filter out off topic results is great.

> 2) Would any one like to share there quantities of vegetable they give to
> their CSA members. We are starting up a new CSA and have a limited idea on
> how much to give each member per crop. I know this is going to vary
> greatly per area, but it would be helpful if people would like to share.
> Excel sheet?

I can't help you there because CSA's weren't really very widespread
when I last did my market gardening in the 80's.

Cheers,
Paul
Shining Moon Farm
http://www.ShiningMoonFarm.com