market-farming - [Market-farming] Purslane recipes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Alliums" <garlicgrower AT green-logic.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Purslane recipes
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 08:20:15 -0500

Hi, Folks!

I had piles of purslane when I had the community garden. It's a huge deal
in Mexican and Mediterranean cultures, so it was easy to give to the food
bank and we experimented with recipes to eat it ourselves.

Supposedly, they deep fry it in Mexico, but I never had the guts to try it.

Here are some of our favorite recipe sites for purslane:

http://kitchenography.typepad.com/my_weblog/2006/07/chick_pea_salad.html

http://www.prodigalgardens.info/purslane%20recipes.htm

http://www.westonaprice.org/Purslane.html

Dorene in Southeastern PA