market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fwd: [COMFOOD:] Nat'l Restaurant Association's List of What's Hot in 2010

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fwd: [COMFOOD:] Nat'l Restaurant Association's List of What's Hot in 2010
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 20:00:08 -0500

the cultivated varieties tend to grow upwards, not outwards. They do spread, at least here in WV, but I can't see them being a weed. Of course, I have yet to feel invaded by wild purslane. We probably delivered a ton of each by request through our CSA the last several years.

David Wolf is most likely the nutritionist who was the first mover in these 'super foods' (super foods, not super fruits, as far as I know) acai, goji, manogsteen, of course, all came to nutrition 'hungry' people through mullti level marketing, making them very attractive to raw food and good food teachers who could control the supply. Fortunately, more recently, David Wolf has declared good old fashioned KALE to be the ultimate superfood for raw food people and for juicers. Now if we can just convince the public of this!!

-Allan in WV