market-farming - [Market-farming] Small Farm cultivation equipment

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Chris Corbin <corbincdc AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Small Farm cultivation equipment
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:49:46 -0600

Hello,
I just finished reading The organic farmers business handbook and am wondering where to find some of the equipment he mentions.

Our farm currently is very inefficient and at a smaller scale.  We would like to scale and thus need to find some tractor implements. I am located in ames Iowa (the heart of very large tractor county)

I am wounder where I look for the items listed below. A google search turns up minimal items. certain websites for used small farm equipment.  I'm sure allot of this equipment is just sitting in a fence row.

-Mini Chisels (Ferguson field cultivator) 5 shanks with hilling disks
-Larchmont-style bedformer
-Rolling basket cultivators

Thanks,

--