market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] DARN Snow and Broccoli

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <fellenz AT fltg.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] DARN Snow and Broccoli
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 07:39:27 -0500

I leave my collards in the field and pick through-out the winter.  If the plants are in a protected area and snow covered, they last for a long time.

Andy
20091116203256.E8F6354C AT resin10.mta.everyone.net" type="cite">

Speaking of collards and chard, has anyone successfully stored these for later use?  I have vacuum sealed and frozen broccoli and I know that cabbage can be kept in cold storage and later trimmed, but what can be done with chard and collards (for that matter, Portuguese kale, which is virtually identical to collards)?  Anyone with experience with them?

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522