market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Snow and Broccoli

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Snow and Broccoli
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 14:27:37 -0800 (PST)

> I had a freak hail storm Aug. 15 that completely buried the garden in
dime sized hail....the broccoli not only did fine but loved it.
Years ago working in restaurants, broccoli came from the distributors
packed in 40 lb. boxes with the heads packed in crushed ice.
My broccoli went this year when the temps dropped to 14 degrees, so it
goes...
Sora in Paradise Valley zone 4/5 N. Idaho

  • Re: [Market-farming] Snow and Broccoli, sora, 11/16/2009