market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Broccoli and Cauliflower questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: jay sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Broccoli and Cauliflower questions
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 11:11:09 -0800 (PST)

I wish I still had those things. I would have if it wouldn't have been for three weeks in early October.  Our first frost/freeze was month earlier than usual.  I still am picking, for our own use, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, spinach, lettuce, and peppers in my high tunnels.  I had a beautiful crop of late green beans that I only picked twice.

I am splitting wood, started the stove up on October 12th, I think.  Hate to use propane when it isn't that cold out.

If you can do that in Oklahoma, I am sure I can do that in North Central Kansas.