market-farming - [Market-farming] Sweetpotatoes (was: Re: Pie Pumpkins and "yams")

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer AT outlands.ca>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Sweetpotatoes (was: Re: Pie Pumpkins and "yams")
  • Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 14:06:37 -0500

To follow up with the discussion we are having on the distinction on
sweetpotatoes, I suggest interested growers have a look at the book by
Ken Allan, Sweet Potatoes for the Home Garden With Special Technique for
Northern Growers: http://home.cogeco.ca/~allan/sweet_potatoes_flyer.html

Do not get fooled by the "home gardener" qualificative in the title, the
information could be certainly be useful to market gardeners growing
small quantity of sweetpotatoes. The book is very thorough and read
well. I think it is a very good value and I have enjoyed it a lot.

I plan on trying a patch next summer here in Montréal (zone 5b). I am
very eager to see the result!

Etienne