market-farming - [Market-farming] Update

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Liz Pike <liz AT horseshoegardens.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Update
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:05:07 -0400

Hey everyone,

Just to give y'all a heads up--for those wondering why the moderation is being delayed (for new members/oversize posts), I'm awaiting emergency back surgery and can't get to the computer often enough to process stuff as soon as I usually do. Unfortunately, I've been dealing with this for the past 9 months, which cut out our market garden very early this year--too bad cuz we had production out the wazoo, but no way to harvest to get it to market--made alot of neighbors very happy though.
As a reminder to new members (& old), your posts will go through automatically, without moderation, if you keep the size small...reply with only the info you need, not the whole post, and certainly not the whole digest. Moderation is only set to assure new subscribers are not spammers and to block large posts as a courtesy to our members who are on slow rural internet connections with limited downloads.
I'm in the midst of working on a project to celebrate this list's 10th year anniversary starting January 2010 so there will be some exciting things in the near future for this list! I'll be back as often as I can...thank god y'all are a civil bunch and rarely am I needed to actually moderate. thanks for that!!

Liz Pike
Horseshoe Gardens
Market Farming List Admin
Hillsville Va