market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Row cover and Mature Tomato plants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Row cover and Mature Tomato plants
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 07:39:59 -0500

We have actually had them survive a winter and ripen fruit in February
with only row cover draped like a tent over a wire fastened above the
tops of the plants and fastened to the ground on each side. And, yes,
we do have winter in SC KY, although it is usually relatively mild. It
wasn't a profitable use of high tunnel space, but it WAS fun!

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm