market-farming - [Market-farming] Row cover and Mature Tomato plants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: jay sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Row cover and Mature Tomato plants
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 11:43:15 -0700 (PDT)

My tomatoes are in hoop buildings and I would like to try to extend my season past this cold snap.  It is going to be 29-32 for the forecasted lows.  What is the best method for putting row cover over mature tomato plants. Just drape it over and know you may get some damage from where it touches the leaves.  Row cover saved me this spring, I hope it will this fall too.

Jay