market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Basil Downy Mildew

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Basil Downy Mildew
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:40:57 -0400

So at this point I guess no one in this group knows if there is an organic fungicide that can put infected basil back into production.

I used milk and I used copper. The plants look much better, but they are not 100%. They've also started blossoming like crazy, which makes me think it might be best to just 'forget them.' But, I doubt I can get a crop of basil sewn outdoors here in the mid-Atlantic this late in the season.... -Allan in WV