market-farming - [Market-farming] Basil Downy Mildew

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Harriet Allen <hattie_allen AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Basil Downy Mildew
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 15:09:58 -0700 (PDT)

I've got Basil Downy Mildew pretty bad here in Delaware and had it beginning the second week of July...reportedly from Bonnie Plants at Lowes this year, kind of like the Late Blight.  I used old seeds and have never had problems, but I'm surrounded by people with homes who would likely buy Basil Plants.

Has anyone had luck controlling it and with what?  I tried Baking Soda and soap, but not great.  What about Serenade?  Copper?  What would work? I'm trying to replant and it keeps getting it.

Hattie's Garden
Lewes, DE 19958