market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fall Crop germination

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fall Crop germination
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 19:03:18 -0400

At this place there will most likely be no crop of squash and pumpkin as
there was no ground that could be worked in time for them to mature.

I got my squash and pumpkins in, but they just sat for a month without growing. They are starting to grow a little now, but we are still getting lows into the 40's at night, and squash doesn't like that at all. On the other hand, I'm still getting peas and lettuce and many of the other ctops love the cool and rain, so it isn't all bad.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA