market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Fall Crop germination

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MAsteveINE" <MAsteveINE AT 207ME.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Fall Crop germination
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 18:24:34 -0400

Finding the time to baby seeds can be tough now, but carrying fall crops
into the winter is a blessing.

Richard Moyer
With 30 of 40 days rainy my plastic row covers have been a help in keeping some crops from drowing.

As in spring, when weather does nor cooperate I tend to go in the greenhouse and seed plugs, even in July, so that when I have ground I can worked there are cabbage, broccoli and greens plugs I can set out.

At this place there will most likely be no crop of squash and pumpkin as there was no ground that could be worked in time for them to mature. I am doing extra short season cabbage for pig feed, and letting lots of beets go huge.

MAsteveINE