market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] (no subject)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] (no subject)
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 14:33:38 -0500

Regards to the list:

We had trouble like that one year and blamed the guineas. The problem stopped when we confined the birds until the season was over.

Marie in Missouri

OK Gates and Ganders,

Something keeps taking a nip/bite out of my ripe tomatoes. It looks like maybe a bird was pecking on them. Too high for terrapin plus I have never seen any in the garden. I am loosing quite a few tomatoes to the culprit(s). I don’t have access to a trail-cam or I would try that. I am about to try covering with Agribon, but hate messing with that since they are all staked, plus having picking and cultivating issues.  I had the problem last year, but it is worse this year. Has anyone ever had this problem?