market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] fall crops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] fall crops
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 22:08:07 -0700

Rutabagas and broccoli raab
Cauliflower and broccoli
Kale

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522

--- jaysleichter AT yahoo.com wrote:

From: jay sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:03:13 -0700 (PDT)

As far as fall crops go, I am on my way!

I have already started planting about 10 days ago. I started some more cucumbers, zucchini, green beans (4th planting haven't picked a bean yet! First planting were ate up by cucumber beetles), and potatoes.

Started inside to transplant, summer crisp lettuce, cauliflower and broccoli.

Need to still plant: Beets, Carrots, Radishes, Cantaloupe (trying it out!), watermelon?, lettuce, spinach, Swiss Chard, and onions.

I have never tried a big fall garden, but I am going for broke this year.  I am tired of only having a few items at our market at the end of September and October.  I hope I won't end up with a whole lot of produce and not any buyers!

Wish me luck!