market-farming - [Market-farming] (no subject)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "breck" <bcarden AT breckinridgegroup.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] (no subject)
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 15:28:22 -0400

OK Gates and Ganders,

Something keeps taking a nip/bite out of my ripe tomatoes. It looks like maybe a bird was pecking on them. Too high for terrapin plus I have never seen any in the garden. I am loosing quite a few tomatoes to the culprit(s). I don’t have access to a trail-cam or I would try that. I am about to try covering with Agribon, but hate messing with that since they are all staked, plus having picking and cultivating issues.  I had the problem last year, but it is worse this year. Has anyone ever had this problem?

Thanks,

Farmer Breck

Breck Carden

Carden’s Garden

2400 E Hwy 22

Crestwood, KY 40014-7704

(502) 905-8066

breck AT breckcarden.com

www.breckcarden.com

P.S. I am really getting tired of the squabbling over organic/conventional methods. Let’s try to respect other’s opinions or at least just ignore them if they conflict with yours.