market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Yellow Jackets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Yellow Jackets
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 12:10:23 -0700

Yellow jackets love wooden peach baskets. Leave them stacked outdoors all
summer and they will enter one basket, completely fill the perimeter with a
nest then move up the next basket through the bottom drain hole and so on
through the stack. Another problem we have is the European red wasp, they are
invasive and very unpleasant. They love nesting in irrigation pipes and
inside the little doors that cover your cars gas cap...Bob.