market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Broadfork sources (was experiences)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Broadfork sources (was experiences)
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 09:27:56 -0400

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 00:47:51 -0700, Dan wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Yes. I do have a recommendation.  You should buy one from Red Pig Tools in
> Boring, Oregon.
>
> http://www.redpigtools.com/servlet/StoreFront

I love this! He makes lefty versions of several good hand tools--I think I'll
order one of the Cape Cod weeders. Thanks for the link!

And here's a tip--I bought a 2"x5" mason's trowel for transplanting soil
blocks. It's great for that, but it also makes a very good hand weeder--the
long flat blade can be placed parallel with the soil and pushed along, making
quick work of all that carpetweed around my onions. It would be even better
when sharpened, I suspect.

--
Richard Robinson
http://www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/