market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] weather

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] weather
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 21:09:33 GMT

We got the rain. 4th of July weekend is always our best market day. And, it
rained. Started around 7 while we were trying to set up and didn't stop until
1 when we were loading up.
Oh well. I won't complain about much needed rain, I just wish it had waited
until market was over.
As for crops, we have precious little. It's been too hot, too early, for too
long. Not many tomatoes, squash won't even bloom, cucumbers shrivel up. The
corn was great, but the raccoons, coyotes and deer decided to have a party
with our corn as the main course. Green beans got tough before they even
sized up. The only thing looking good is the eggplant, and of course it's not
one of our big money makers.
We just keep on planting though. And, hope for a profitable fall.
Carla
Perkins, OK

Get the sign you need for the impact you want. Click now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTOAPbEToAPdTwg0uedmi9zzA92Go6RTbKuDpZKK1xOb0b3v41tn2o/

  • Re: [Market-farming] weather, cjmaness AT juno.com, 07/04/2009