market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] weather

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: jay sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] weather
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 15:42:30 -0700 (PDT)

Glad to hear you got some rain. Yes during market day isn't the best, but in this part of the country you take it when you can get it.  We had rain last night, 2.25 inches, then this morning was almost perfect.  Had one of my best days ever.  Last time we had a market on July 4th, I sold $20 worth of produce and $10 of that was my own parents.  It made me really nervous today if today was going to be good or bad.

It was so hot for a 7-10 days, now it has cooled down and everything is starting to bloom and grow.

Jay