market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hilling Early Potatoes Late

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "R.M." <murphy05 AT windstream.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hilling Early Potatoes Late
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 08:49:51 -0400

At the Agricultural Center at our State Fair Grounds they have huge hills of aged (3 years) "compost" comprised of sawdust litter and livestock manure from the livestock shows. You can pick it up for free, in our area (central GA). I just wondered if you might have something similar near you? This compost is perfect for hilling potatoes with. Not enough manure to cause scabbing and the material is very easy to reach in with your hands to feel around for new potatoes.
Roni