market-farming - [Market-farming] What price for mulch Hay

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] What price for mulch Hay
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 10:17:55 -0400

I was just quoted $4 for sq bales of mulch hay.

Also found big bales of straw for $20. Told by the farmer that these bales are about 25 sq bales. Unfortunately, my help tells me that the big bales of straw don't go very far at all.

What do you pay for mulch hay in your area? What do you think a tomato potato budget could afford to pay for mulch?

Thanks

-Allan in WV