market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] workshoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John Ferree <john AT seldomseenfarm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] workshoes
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 05:33:47 -0400

I have found Teva 6950's to be awesome harvest/processing summer shoes.
I don't like wearing sandals. . . and can get away with some tractor
work in these shoes. Like a running shoe, but all mesh. They dry out
very quickly. Would also second Muck boots. . . lasted almost two years
now. That is as good a testament as it gets. ( I destroy boots in < 1
year)

Good leather boots are another story. . . carhartt. . . junk. . .
anything they sell at Dicks Sporting Goods. . . junk. I can't find a
boot that will last more than one year. The big problem seems to be
getting them wet. (though I have melted a pair next to the woodstove)
When they get wet all the time, the glue on the soles dissolves and
separates. I also want them to be light enough that I don't wear myself
out from walking around. 3#/boot, how many steps a day?

john