market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] toobar for Allis G

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John Ferree <john AT seldomseenfarm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] toobar for Allis G
  • Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 06:32:08 -0400

Hey Beth
Check out
http://www.oakhillorganics.org/blog.html/?p=15 for a view of a 2x
toolbar. . .

for row markers we just use the standard G toolbar stock and welded on
2" by 24" pieces, with cross supports at the bottom. We've got a 3 row
and five row marker. This isn't ideal, as it disturbs too much soil. .
. but it was quick and dirty to make out of scrap steel.

I would suggest making multiple tool bars and setting them up for one
spacing each. The less time you're banging your knuckles adjusting
sweeps, the better. With the price of steel falling, it shouldn't cost
more than 150$ to construct one. I've been meaning to do the same for
some time. . .

John