market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] fruit trees

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Rock <mikerock AT mhtc.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] fruit trees
  • Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 19:43:53 -0500

The war ain't over.......it's just halftime~!~

Mike :)

Willie McKemie wrote:
On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 02:13:59PM -0500, Bill Shoemaker wrote:
Depends on how many. For 20 or more, you should look at one of the Tennessee nurseries. Most all commercial growers east of the Rockies buy out of Tennessee.
I work with orchardists around the Great Lakes. They buy from a number of
nurseries but none of them are from Tennessee. There are a lot of good fruit
tree nurseries and most buyers in this area work with northern nurseries
because they believe they gat hardier trees. Most of them have already been
mentioned.

Of course, you are correct. I just tend to over look the northern, union, portion of the country :-).