market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Storing fresh dug scallions for market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Storing fresh dug scallions for market
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 20:42:51 -0400

Tom; I've done that with leeks, and it kept them fresh all day (they wilt if left out on the table). I put a bag over the jar and kept them in the fridge at night, changed the water in the morning, and they looked great the next day, too.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Patrick Hurtgen" <hurtgenmeadows AT gmail.com>