market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farmers Market Vendor Fees

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joyce Paski <elderberrywine4u AT yahoo.com>
  • To: darnellerickson AT yahoo.com, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farmers Market Vendor Fees
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:47:48 -0700 (PDT)

Wow!  We just had our annual meeting and raised our yearly fee to a whopping $40.  If you don't want to pay all at once or have voting privileges, it is now $5 per booth (8' wide) per day if you choose to pay each time you want to vend at the market, and $10 for vending at the 4th of July and our Harvest Festival (the end of September) dates.  At our small market (about 18 vendors more or less) each vendor is responsible for procuring his own insurance.  Our market season runs from Memorial Day Weekend through mid-October -- about 18 weeks.  There are no dues or other fees at our market either.

Joyce Paski
Swamp Creek Farm, Zone 3