market-farming - [Market-farming] Farmers Market Vendor Fees

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: darnell erickson <darnellerickson AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Farmers Market Vendor Fees
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:36:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I am new to the list.  My husband & I sell organically grown produce at the local farmers market.  We have 34 raised bed boxes that are 8ft x 4ft x 10" deep, and our primary products are greens, peas, carrots, celery and beets.

I am a member of the board of directors of our farmers market which has approximately 30 vendors.  Our season runs from late May to mid October.  Our annual board meeting is in 2 weeks and one of the things we will be discussing is fees.  Currently, if you prepay, it's $130 for the entire season (22 weeks), if you pay as you go it's $20 per week to a maximum of $200.  There are no other dues or fees.

I would really appreciate it if anyone who participates in a farmers market would be willing to share with me what the fee structure is at your market.

Thanks so much
Darnell Caffoni
Boxwood Gardens

www.OrleansFarmersMarket.com