market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] CSA Prep

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: DFORD8N AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] CSA Prep
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 07:13:46 EST

A word of caution -- you might want to be a little careful about distributing your shares at a farmers market. I found that shareholders sometimes want an explanation when they see stuff your selling at the market is not included in their share boxes. You try to keep everything even-up, but in the thick of the summer battle sometimes it's hard to give everybody some of everything. At the market, you often don't have enough time to do a lot of talking to people who aren't your immediate, cash-laden customers.

--Tom

-------