market-farming - [Market-farming] CSA Prep

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Frank Ventura <frank.dragonflyfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] CSA Prep
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 19:14:08 -0500

We are starting a CSA (small) for the first time this year. We are getting
good response and are excited to get going.

I have a question for those that distribute CSA shares at the markets
they attend. What methods do you use to pack the share? We are debating the merits of packaging it up prior to the market versus packing from our typical coolers when the subscriber comes to pickup their share.

If packed ahead of time what do you use? boxes? bags? from where ?
boxes seem pricey but pack/stack easier.

How do you deal with keeping things cool if packed ahead for those subscribers who come to pickup towards the end of the market.

Thanks in advance!
Frank