market-farming - [Market-farming] labeling flats

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: <csa-l AT lists.localharvest.org>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "'High tunnel discussion list'" <HIGHTUNNELS AT LISTSERV.KSU.EDU>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] labeling flats
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 18:27:28 -0500

Staples has a Brother P-touch labeler on sale next week. It looks like replacement labels are $13 plus shipping for 26 feet, which should last me a year. Outputs from a PC so you don’t have to spin a wheel around. The $30 one prints labels up to ½” wide.

Then for $60 they have one that you use a keyboard on (had to go to OfficeMax.com to find more info). And once I start looking there is a similar Dymo one except it prints on the old peel the back off plastic.

And then there are refurbished ones for $19 http://www.imagesupply.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=125&idproduct=847

I have a perennial problem with keeping flats labeled. I use stick labels but in moving things around I always lose a lot.

Anyone have good or bad things to say about this type of labeling?

Excuse cross-posting on csa-l, market-farming, and hightunnels lists.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead

Peru NY

http://rhomestead.com

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe